- Teacher time is taken away from the other students in the inclusive classroom.
- Some teachers lack the training, resources and other necesscary supports to teach students with disabilities.
- Teachers have to take more time when planning lessons in order to adapt the lesson to the student or students with special needs.
- Classroom management is harder because of the addition of more students.
- Special needs students may not feel comfortable because they are different than the other students.
- Inclusion doesn't make sense in light of pressure from Legislatures to develop higher academic standards and to improve the academic achievement of students.